Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What I Want

Something I posted in a favorite writing forum. I like it and have printed it out and taped it to the wall in front of my laptop as a reminder. That, and I think I need to lighten up a bit. I hope you enjoy it.
~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Everyone, my name is Nancy. I'm 52 and have been writing off and on for 40 years. I started with bad poetry over a high school crush who of course, was in love with someone else. The poetry spiraled downward from there.

Fast forward, met Prince Charming, had two kids, wrote kids stories to preserve my sanity when the kids were little and PC turned into a toad and was banished. My kids, their friends and the little nieces and nephews loved them. hmm...

Fast forward to 49, dyed my hair its new natural shade of silvery white, got ink, and started to write a kids fantasy novel as I wanted to meet 50, newer. Met a man, well, knew him and we decided to date, 3 off/on years later definitely not the right man.

Am now trying to get back to Isabel, she's pissed but getting closer. I've grown / changed since I started her story but I like the new direction better. I want to finish this book. I'm also sending out two kids stories for an attempt at publication - the kids favorite and a rhymer that is hilarious. Really.

What do I want? To be published. More? To make enough money so I can live where I want and not depend on Big Company to pay my wages. More? To live in a cottage on the beach. That is my dream. To have a long, wide, simple light oak writing desk that when I look up, I look through my window walls to the ocean, and when I get up I open my balcony doors and smell that invigorating sea air, and when I walk downstairs and out the patio door, the first thing my feet touch are sand.

And maybe a hot cabana man.

1 comment:

Murees Dupè said...

Beautiful dream. I hope each and every one comes true for you.