Monday, December 10, 2012

Huh?

I have this thing, it doesn't matter what it is, and I've been lugging it around with me since I was little because it mattered. It made me smile, it gave me comfort, it took me away from the vortex of that current life and grounded me through time.

Today I inadvertently came across that thing and wondered why in the world I still had it.

Huh?

I don't get it.

How can something that was so adored, so cherished, so painstakingly wrapped and safely tucked away one day simply not matter?

1 comment:

Murees Dupè said...

Well, I still have my "thing", it is a pillow that I have had with me forever and my mother is seriously trying to get rid of it, considering that I am going on 27.

Maybe you have just come to a stage in your life, mentally, where you no longer need it's comfort. I envy you, because I still need to get there, someday.